How To Buy A Yacht
- Once you’ve narrowed it down to the build or type of yacht you want, contact Four Points Yacht & Ship Brokerage, and tell them what you’re looking for.
- We can then set to work, finding you the perfect yacht for your budget and desired use.
- We know how to locate what you are looking for, and we are here to do the time consuming legwork for you. We’ll have you cruising sooner than you think.
- Four Points Yacht & Ship Brokerage will compare pricing and condition before your time and expense are wasted on travel to view the yachts.
- We’ll even help with hotel and car rental reservations if you like.
- Once you’ve decided on the yacht of your dreams, we will prepare a Purchase and Sale Agreement, and present your offer to the seller. At this time, your 10% deposit must be in escrow.
- If the seller accepts your offer, (or counter offers) and a price is agreed upon, the sea trial and survey are scheduled. We recommend that a
Marine Surveyor who is a member or
NAMS survey the yacht for you.
- Sometimes, a few items are spotted during the survey, that can be negotiated by you, or fixed by the seller. At this time, an addendum to the Purchase and Sale Agreement will be prepared by us.
- Before closing, you will need to have insurance, dockage and a reputable
Documentation Agent in place. We’ll guide you along the way, to keep everything uncomplicated and enjoyable.
- If you are financing your yacht, and need help finding a reliable, reputable lender, that won’t hold up your closing at every turn, we are here to help with experienced marine lenders that
will keep everything running smoothly and on target for your closing date.
Using a reputable yacht broker like Four Points Yacht & Ship, only makes sense… it doesn’t cost you a dime. Our commission is paid by the seller.